HGV Class 1 Driver (Loughborough)
Do you see yourself driving one of our lorry loader cranes? This role is based from our Loughborough Depot. You will be responsible for the safe and effective operation of one of the company’s HGV vehicles. Qualified lorry loader operator (CSCS/CPCS/ALLMI) is essential. Training will be given to achieve Appointed Person qualification, which is also a requirement of the role...
Job Title: HGV Class 1 Driver
Reports to: Transport Manager
Role and Responsibilities
This role is responsible for the safe and effective operation of one of the company’s HGV vehicles comprising a lorry and draw bar trailer used for general works, and safe delivery/collection of our hire fleet units from client’s sites. The work includes use of a lorry loader in loading/unloading of units, delivery to and collection from client sites, introducing Hire fleet units to clients, always checking units upon collection, and working in line with companies lift plans for such works determining onsite actions using the information available.
This role will also include banking and crane operation as well as necessary routine maintenance of Lorry, Crane and trailer, daily checks and lubrication etc as required, and supporting paperwork and documentation.
Qualified lorry loader operator (CSCS/ALLMI) is essential. Training will be given to achieve Appointed Person qualification which is also a requirement of the role.
This role will report to the Transport Manager at all times. However when in a depot you will report to the Depot Manager and in their absence whoever such person that assumes the responsibilities for the HGV Vehicles.
Duties will include the following within the processes required to prepare and support accommodation and other items from our plant fleet and our Clients’ plant fleets for on hire, off hire and support etc.
- Working in line with Advanté’s Health & Safety policy and the Company’s Integrated Management System including Delivery/Collection RAMS
- Working on various sites as directed.
- Accurately processing all paperwork as required.
- Ensuring and maintaining a safe working environment at all times.
- Working efficiently in driving, loading and general use of the vehicle, trailer and crane, and while doing so being able to offer the full range of skills necessary to carry out the normal duties of a crane driver.
- Carrying out all vehicle and equipment safety checks and inspections as required by Law and the Company.
- Operating the vehicle within the Driver’s Hour’s Regulations keeping accurate records of driving and daily duty as required by Law.
- Having available a full tool kit to carry out the above which will be supplied by Advanté.
- Wearing the correct PPE as required to carry out your duties at all times.
- Carrying out other duties as assigned as required by the business.
- Delivery notes
- Daily Vehicle/loader Inspections
- Inspection damage records
- Plant/Operators licences
- Loading and offloading of units
- Movement of units within client site
- Maintenance of plant including records
- Completing any documentation relating to the inspection and safe working operation of the equipment you are responsible for
- Being aware of and ensuring the adherence of Health & Safety requirements for crane and banking operations and site safety whilst in operation
- General duties as required
- Implementation of Site Plans
- Reporting to Transport Manager any issues that may affect delivery/collection requirements
- Maintain safe working practices in accordance with process risk assessment
- Any other general duties required by the business
Interaction with other staff members:
- Transport Manager
- Transport Office Team
- Depot Manager
- Crane Driver
- Production Manager
There will be times when you may be required to undertake additional tasks, duties and responsibilities within your capabilities. The Company reserves the right to vary your tasks, duties and responsibilities at any time and from time to time according to the needs of the Company’s business. However, you will not be assigned to duties or required to perform services that you cannot reasonably perform, or which are outside the range of your normal skills and experience.
There will also be times when you may be asked to transfer, either temporarily or permanently, to an alternative job within the Company. Where this is agreed with you, either on a temporary or a permanent basis, it will be confirmed to you in writing.
Advanté is an accredited ‘FIR and Equal Opportunities’ Employer
Fancy joining our team?
If you are interested in applying, please complete the form below or contact HR: